If you’ve a garden or a flower bed, you probably have been stung by a bee. Even though you’ve not, you may have little knowledge about bee stings. People have a lot of questions concerning bee stings among them: is a bee sting dangerous? What to do when stung by a bee? Should I go to a hospital when stung? This article will help you understand more about bee stings.
Ideally, bee stings are not dangerous especially if you don’t rub over the surface of the skin where you are stung or when you are not stung multiple times. A bee sting has a venom sack which causes swelling or allergic infections when burst by rubbing over the skin. You should scrap off the stinger immediately using the edge of a credit card, a blunt knife or a finger nail. This scrapping process prevents the venom from getting down the sting into your body.
However, if you’ve been stung a multiple times, it is advisable to seek medical attention from a clinic or a hospital. Also, if you develop allergic infections, you are recommended to visit a doctor to determine whether you need antihistamine drugs to prevent further reactions in your body. you should not take any chances when stung to avoid further complications.